[TYPO3-core] RFC #17420: Add LOOP cObject

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Feb 1 18:16:45 CET 2011

> The trouble is that only "LOOP" knows this new syntax of "data"
> (multi-valued array). So any other stdWrap method which tries to access
> this stuff will choke (getData, field, ...). So I wouldn't put yet
> another different semantic to the same array but instead use another one
> which is then specifically known as an Iterator and not a "key-value"
> array. It's annoying to have a same variable to have different semantics
> depending on how you will use it.

+1

I already discussed that with Xavier and my proposal was to use "input"
and make it stdWrap aware, so that we can still add Array-related
functions to the stdWrap toolbox that could be used by "input" later on.

The current approach without input would be doing it the other way
around, so that LOOP would only be useful when called by the PHP code of
an extension.

Still "input.data" would be possible, which is less misleading than just
having "data".

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian