[TYPO3-core] Which TYPO3 bug annoys you the most?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Dec 28 14:30:53 CET 2011

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 28.12.2011 11:16, schrieb Franz Holzinger:
>> Hello Steffen,
>>
>> the most annoying problem with TYPO3 is that very often it happens that
>> you must login into the TYPO3 backend twice. The password has been
>> stored inside of the browser (Firefox), however it cannot login at the
>> first trial.
>
> bugid? I have not seen this yet.

It always happens, if you have more than one backend login form open in
different tabs.

Steps to reproduce:

1. open backend login form
2. open backend login form in a different tab
3. login in usign the form you opened first

The reason is that the challenge is stored in the php session and is
present in the form HTML. If you open the login form a second time in a
different tab the challenge in the session is replaced, but the
challenge in the first form obviously is not.

A different challenge results in a logoff.

I have no idea if this can be solved somehow.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org