[TYPO3-core] Git problem with supposedly untracked files

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 19 20:29:29 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to switch between my "clean" TYPO3_4-5 branch and another
development 4.5-related branch. When I try to:

$ git checkout issue25669_4-5

I get the following message:

"error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten
by checkout:"

followed by a long list of files from Extbase.

I tried out the steps which seemed to fit from the Git troubleshooting
page in the wiki [1], i.e. executed:

$ rm -rf typo3/sysext/extbase/
$ git reset --hard
$ git pull
$ git submodule update --init

but to no avail. What should I do now?

I really like Git, but sometimes it just drives me mad. I've never been
that stuck with any piece of software before...

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1]