[TYPO3-core] Additional branches on Git

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 4 11:45:25 CEST 2011

Peter Niederlag schrieb am 04.04.2011 11:27:
> Hello,
>
> Am 04.04.2011 11:15, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>> On 04.04.11 11:07, Tolleiv Nietsch wrote:
>>> Am 04.04.2011 09:32, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
> [...]
>> However, I'm not sure, if everybody is allowed to push into my
>> repository. So I fear, my personal sandbox would not work for team work
>> (except you pull from other's sandboxes to yours).
>
> Exactly, it provides numerous personal/private sandboxes, which are only
> *readable* for others/world.
>
> IMO in midterm it might be wise to rethink the whole branching model to
> make more use of git/gerrit power.

Yes, we are still very "svn-oriented" in our way of thinking, and we
tried to match that model into our new GIT environment. But now we could
"free our mind" and think of completely different approaches.

I especially like this approach [1], at least it looks very complete.
But I must confess, I haven't read it in detail to understand if we
could match that to our TYPO3 model.

So just FYI and maybe as an inspiration first... :)

[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

Cheers,
Ernesto