[TYPO3-core] RFC #15611: Feature: Translations of CEs are immediately visible in FE

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 30 18:55:37 CEST 2010

On 30-9-2010 18:41, Markus Klein wrote:
> Please tell us:
> How many +1 are necessary and from whom? Is v2 the latest patch version?

In total two votes by reading and testing are necessary, one of which
must be from a core dev member.

So for this patch a +1 (reading and testing) from a core dev is needed.

v2 is the latest.

> Besides that: Sorry, but testing on trunk didn't work for me.
> After creating an alternative page language, I created a translation of a
> content element. Unfortunately it was still visible...
> Did I do something wrong?

1) If you use the button to copy the content element(s) from the default
language the content element(s) is(are) hidden (look at the icon for
visibility), but you will see the hidden content elements in the page
module because:
2) The option to show hidden content elements in the page module is
activated by default (if you haven't (de)activated it yourself in the past)

1) was done because these content elements shouldn't be visible in the
FE yet. When you copy a page in the pagetree it is also set to hidden.

2) was done because otherwise editors wouldn't see the copied (and
hidden) content elements. This would be very confusing.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert