[TYPO3-core] RFC #11367: Remove ancient blurLink code

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Sep 29 16:09:01 CEST 2010

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk only

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11367

We have the TS option "noBlur = 1" that we all know. This actually adds
onfocus="blurLink(this)" to every item in a menu etc. The JS function
calls "blur()" on the DOM element *if* you run IE4+, a feature that can
be achieved with CSS and classes OR could be done by behaviour-based JS.

Solution:
I feel like that this IE-feature should be removed completely (no
deprecation, or change of the default), because:
 - it's anti-accessibility
 - it's a IE-only feature and
 - was more prominent 8 years ago.
 - less TS-code, more convenient for admins to get sites running the way
the want

Side question: Who would enable this feature, if it would be disabled by
default?

All the best,
Benni.