[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 27 20:14:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> First reaction was like Steffen: "Why? An admin can do everything
> anyway". But overall, most issues arise from the fact that the admin can
> edit all content and he can *install extensions*. As soon as you disable
> EM (which is now possible, as EM is a sysext), your admin cannot do
> "everything".

yes, i also had this in mind later. So i'm ok with removeXss.

> 1) Ingo mentioned "I think the feature belongs to the management view of
> TYPO3 which is EXT:cms.". I disagree, as the login screen hardly has
> anything to do with the "cms" extension. I would rather think this table
> and its placement are a candidate for stddb/tables*, like the other
> stuff that we have from start (sys_log, sys_languages, be_users, i.e.
> stuff that we create on the root page)
> => so I moved the table definitions to that stddb\* places and the label
> to lang/locallang_tca.xml.

i think the same as Ingo. The loginscreen is a FE page, there is no
be_user invoved. So maybe later we also use a cObj for render RTE.

I know, atm the index.php is rendered like a BE page. So both places are
reasonable.

> My only issue with this was to get the icon working (I gave up after
> some tries): I copied the one Ingo supplied to
> "typo3/sysext/t3skin/images/icons/mimetypes/", cleared all cache, but it
> won't render. Do I need to recreate the sprites.css in order for it to
> work? We need some kind of manual for core developers for adding new
> icons (maybe there is some already) :)

The record icons are all rendered as sprites. they are registered in
t3lib/stddb/tables.php.
The sprites has to be regenerated with extdeveval - but i have no idea
if it's committed on forge.
A very nice documentation is attached in documentation list,
unfortunally not public yet.

vg Steffen