[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 27 12:11:41 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> There is a general mask (we use now) but it lacks configuration

You can supply a class for it to provide a better background image, for
example.

Another thing we could do is to apply the mask to Ext.getBody(). This would
mask the whole Backend but I think it is better than individual frames (two
wait indicators are worse than one). That would require a function in the
top frame that counts "mask"/"unmask" requests.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member