[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Sep 27 09:47:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I agree with the fact that "loading" in general is not a feature, but I
> disagree that we want to get rid of it altogether. There are times when
> a view really takes a bit longer to load (e.g. the ext manager on first
> call), and its nice to see that something is happening.

I also hate such blockers, where I'm unable to use the page until every
image is loaded. Also I'm sure that you know the situation, when you've
clicked the wrong icon by accident and want to click the right one
before the page is reloaded. Mask prevents this.

> I would rather prefer some design change for the loading information:
>
> - no more "grayed out background"
> - just a tiny "Loading" Box in the corner of the frame
I'm thinking of some "Loading" indicator in the top bar. I just know it
from StudiVZ, where it's always in the upper right corner.
Sth. like a spinning TYPO3 logo or so *g* At least some recognizable
indicator, which is always on the same place.

P.S: IIRC SteffenK wrote that he added the mask while development to
visualize, where sth. changes. Maybe it wasn't meant to be final..

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert