[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15814: Feature: Add a concatenate class

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Sep 25 23:14:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 25.09.10 22:29, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i don't want to change compressor for now. Concatenating isn't compress,
>> so this could be done by the concatenate class later.
>
> So the concatenating will be moved from t3lib_Compressor to
> t3lib_Concatenator?

yes, that's the plan.

> If setting the filename is a requirement, then why don't pass it through
> the contructor? The uniqid() is misleading there.

ok, but you can set the filename at any place later too.

>>> * registered files must be relative to PATH_Site, which is problematic
>>> if it comes to extensions and the possiblility of different installation
>>> locations
>> extensions i see as the extRelPath is relative to typo3. What problem do
>> you see with "different installation locations" ?
>
> Ah, OK. I forgot about t3lib_extmgm::extRelPath(). Nevertheless I would
> use t3lib_div::getFileAbsFileName() instead of simply prepending
> PATH_site to the relative file path.

there are too ways: register absolute and strip it out with returning
(file inclusions in HTML are relative) or register relative. I choosed
the 2nd as you mostly do it that way for resource files (core and
extensions)

>>> * mimeTypes differ from file extensions. A mimeType is something like
>>> "text/plain" not ".txt" So the variable and method names should be changed
>> any suggestion?
>
> $fileExtension?
>
>> I only used a mimeType direct for the fileExtension.
>
> I do not understand this sentence.

what i tried to say: you register a mimeType and the class computes
direct the correct fileextension.

>> thx. As i wrote i first want to collect exact these comments to create a
>> new patch.
>
> Wouldn't be the dev list a better place for proposals in such an early
> stage?

i don't see it that early, the concept is clear for me. Also i like this
constructive teamwork, we had some great results by doing this.

vg Steffen