[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Sep 25 20:33:31 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

thanks for taking the time to review the patch.

> * i would add deprecated to
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['loginNews'] if items are in

good idea, I haven't touched it for BC reasons.

> * rte would be nice, indeed

see my response to Steffen (Gebert), would be cool if any of you could
help out here, otherwise I'd like to keep it this way.

> * instead deleted = 0 we should use t3lib_BEfunc::deleteClause

True, and in fact I had this in at first, however, deleteClause() adds
an AND in front of the produced clause. So there are two options:

1) leave as it is: it's rather unlikely that the deleted flag will be
removed from the table anyways. I put it in so that one could restore
the news and it might be useful in cases where people willfully delete
stuff.
2) use deleteClause() and have the where clause start with '1=1' .
deleteClause() ... somehow didn't look that nice

> Later i would like that these news are also visible in the BE, that
> would make them more useful, but this is something for another RFC

thought of that too, might be something for the taskcenter.

> all other +1 by reading.

thanks!
Ingo

--