[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15692: Allow other filename for module dispatcher than index.php

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 25 19:37:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 24-9-2010 19:39, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i like the freedom to name my module like class.MyMainModule.php eg.
(...)
> Maybe we should learn here from extbase as it dispatches much
> better.

This is a bit of a contradiction. Extbase (and FLOW3) use a lot of
conventions instead of configuration.

So, if the extbase dispatcher will be used as inspiration I don't expect
such "freedom" as naming a class, file or even a function. Personally I
don't think that such "freedom" is of any value. Quite the opposite is
true: it is far easier to use conventions when reading, writing,
debugging and modifying code.
But that is just a personal opinion.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,