[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Sat Sep 25 18:48:43 CEST 2010

Hi!

Ingo Renner schrieb am 09/25/2010 05:44 PM Uhr:
> Hi there,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15812
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> The TYPO3 login screen offers a way to display news for editors to
> inform them about system maintenance and similar events. Creating such
> news however is complicated as you have to edit PHP files.
>
> Solution:
> This issue introduces a new table sys_news to allow easy creation of
> such system news as records on the root level (PID = 0).

I don't see much benefit in introducing a table in TYPO3 core for
maintenance news - most time it will not deliver any records or number
of records are very, very low.

Is there no other way (hook + extension) that provides this feature for
a small number of high profile sites where this feature might be helpful?

Marcus.