[TYPO3-core] RFC #15800: Cleanup CSH Code

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Sep 24 19:59:04 CEST 2010

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

branches: trunk only

Type: cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15800

Problem:
When having a CSH item on your page, TYPO3 generates this link for you
to open the popup with detailed information:

<a class="typo3-csh-link" href="#"
onclick="vHWin=window.open('view_help.php?tfID=pages.nav_hide','viewFieldHelp','height=400,width=600,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1');vHWin.focus();return
false;">

If you have a lot of CSH icons on your page (e.g. TCEforms) this code
gets repeated over and over again. I suggest to move the onclick code
into a JS function that checks for all anchors with the class"
typo3-csh-link" and then opens up the window. This ways we only have
anchors like this:

<a class="typo3-csh-link" href="" rel="pages|hidden">

This also will decrease the page load of huge TCEform pages.

All the best,
Benni.