[TYPO3-core] RFC #15799: Bug: Unitialized variables in t3lib

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Sep 24 19:33:54 CEST 2010

Hi Oli,

thanks for this beast. Really time for intelligent PHP IDEs ;-)

> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15799
>
> Branches:
> trunk, TYPO3_4-3, TYPO3_4-3

tceforms_inline:
* You replaced $isVirtual with FALSE, shouldn't it be $isVirtualRecord?
* the autoSizeMax part: Is $itemArray supposed to be $selItems or $opt?

querygenerator:
* I think $fieldValue is meant to be $value

E.g. while fixing "Undefined variable is used in
t3lib_BEfunc::exec_foreign_table_where_query", PhpStorm directly pointed
me to the problem, while searching for the cause. Suppressing warnings
can make bug hunting harder (or: good IDEs can make bug hunting easier,
when they show you the problem)

We should take the opportunity and think, what the former programmer's
error was.
Of course, we're touching code, which doesn't work currently, but *now*
it's way more easier to find the bug than later, when you're searching
for the error and find no obvious reasons.

Thus -1 for the moment. Please have a look again and remove the changes,
where you're not sure that the problem is fixed, but only the warning
removed.

For released versions, please remove the clean-ups, only keep the fixes.

Nevertheless: Thanks very much for taking care!

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert