[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15711: Render ModuleMenu with ExtJs, remove the frameset

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 21 21:07:17 CEST 2010

On 9/21/10 5:09 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is the last version of the patch. Latest changes:
>
> * specific css styling of splitbar/collapsed bar for navigation panel.
> Makes override superfluous
> * mask in navigation panel centered
> * mask also with loading indicator
>
> vg Steffen

I've been doing some testing here and found a few minor issues, but
overall everything is working well.  Already discussed the issues with
Steffen but just getting them here so that we remember to fix them...

* I'm able to duplicate the same Flash as Dmitry. Its more noticeable in
Safari but occurs in Firefox also. Steffen and I noticed that navframe
content is actually being reloaded when the frame is collapsed or expanded.

* When collapsing or expanding a section in the module menu, there's a
quick flash from upper case case text back to normal.  This is due to
unexpected styling being applied from t3skin.

* The loading indicator just says "Please wait..." but it would be a
little more friendly to tell the user what they're waiting on instead.
Very minor and could be addressed later but something as simple as

Otherwise, all looks good!

Thanks,
Jeff