[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15686: Call the list module through the dispatcher instead directly

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun Sep 19 17:57:52 CEST 2010

Hi Benni,

On 19.09.10 16:29, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> just by looking over this one for the first time:
>
> createListViewLink() should either go into template.php or t3lib_BEfunc,
> and not in t3lib_extMgm. What do you think?

Well, it is in t3lib_extMgm already, I only changed the signature a bit.
However I agree, that this is probably not the right place.
While working on the conversion of other modules, I had the idea that a
method returning the module script's URL (using "typo3RelPath") would be
usefull for all backend modules.

Something like this:

public static function getRelativeModuleUrl($moduleName);

Do you agree with the name or have a better idea?

Where do such a method belong to? I would say t3lib_BEfunc like you
suggested. We could then also move createListViewLink there, make a
wrapper for it in t3lib_extMgm and mark the wrapper method as
deprecated. What do you think?

Regards Helmut