[TYPO3-core] RFC #15743: Bug:function in t3lib_iconWorks is not public

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sat Sep 18 20:16:26 CEST 2010

On 18.09.10 18:15, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 by reading, but i don't like the comment. If the function is public
> you can use it direct, for what purpose ever. So i would omit the extra
> comment "You should not use this directly besides if you need classes
> for ExtJS iconCls."

Extbase and FLOW3 have the @api annotation for methods that are meant to
be used. All other public methods are only meant to be called by the
framework and are subject to change.

So in general I like to have annotations that a method is not meant to
be an official API, whether it be a comment or an annotation like
@access private

Regards Helmut