[TYPO3-core] RFC 15090: Bug: login with a BE User somewhere else on the page tree

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Sep 18 15:30:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

I already began to review this few weeks ago, as I like the change.

But then I struggled with user groups. I also changed rootLevel there,
but I wasn't able to select user groups not located on pid 0.

Hours later, I found the bug - see attached patch fix-rootlevel-check.
But good to know that the author knew, what he did and left a comment
there ;-)
 > // rootLevel = -1 is not handled 'properly' here - it goes
 > as if it was rootLevel = 1 (that is pid=0)

Only thing: When we change this (thus make user groups also usable on
pages other than pid 0, the select lists will only show the groups from
the same page. So you would have to move a group to rootlevel, if you
want to give it a "global" group.
Or - other possibility: We change the code a bit more, copy the
$rootlevel > 0 part, but neglect the pid=0 from the WHERE clause. Then
you would always see *all* groups from all pages. But I see no way to
make it configurable.
What do you think?

Nevertheless: The patch is okay and works fine. Thus
+1 by reading and testing

Kind regards
Steffen

--