[TYPO3-core] RFC #15740: Put versioning code from TCEmain in version extension - part #1

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Sep 18 12:07:09 CEST 2010

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk

Type: cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15740

Last night (10.30pm), something took me, and I wanted to remove all
staging and notification elements needed for workspaces from TCEmain and
put it in the "version" extension, only triggered via hooks

The attached patch is the result and moves the following "features" in
the version extension (accessed solely via hooks):
- processing cmd "version"
- functionality for swapping versions
- everything about stage changes
- everything about notifications
- page / branch versioning

Additionally, it adds new hooks in the cmdmap method so you can now
define your own commands (maybe helpful for DAM as well?), and hooks
before and after any command is processed in the cmdmap.

Additional information:
 * This removes around 1000 lines of code from TCEmain.
 * This is the first step to work on staging and notification
improvements. Now we can use our own system extension for it; and don't
need to work within TCEmain directly to add new features to these features.
 * This is also not the end for getting stuff out of TCEmain. Other
features to extract could be "moving records", and the processing in
datamap should be fairly easy (if anyone is up for it -- go ahead :).

Enjoy!

All the best,
Benni.