[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15692: Allow other filename for module dispatcher than index.php

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 13 14:53:10 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 13.09.2010 14:43:
> Hi,
>
> Jigal van Hemert schrieb:
>> Thanks, I just found that RFC in the threads-with-unread-posts :-)
>>
>> That RFC explicitly mentions that the 'index' script should be renamed
>> to index.php when the patch is committed; the wrapper index.php is
>> only meant for testing.
>>

> there are other reasons why i stick to this RFC:
>
> * Having more than one modules in one directory
>
> I see no reason also why a module has to be index.php - this is old, the
> required change is small without any restructure or refactor.

There cannot be more modules in one directory, as there is only one
"conf.php" which is loaded. How would that work?

I would rather create a new "clean" dispatcher interface (like the
extbase one) if we really need that more flexibility instead of adding
features to the existing "old school" scheme. We don't need that
flexibility when converting the existing BE modules, IMHO.

Cheers,
Ernesto