[TYPO3-core] RFC #15689: Feature: Allow easy use of lightbox style image enlargement in the frontend

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 13 09:43:21 CEST 2010

Susanne Moog schrieb am 13.09.2010 07:50:

> here is v2 taking your comments into account.

Great enhancement, thanks for keeping that feature in mind, Susanne!

+1 on reading and testing. Small nitpicks before the commit:

14c14
< +                             if($conf['directImageLink']) {
---
> +                             if ($conf['directImageLink']) {

20c20
< +                                     if(!$url) {
---
> +                                     if (!$url) {

and  remove the TAB before these comments (4 spaces instead, like the
rest of the file):

   # cat=content/cImage/c3; type=boolean; label= Lightbox click-enlarge
rendering: Whether images with click-enlarge checked should be rendered
lightbox-compliant

> As for delivering a lightbox script with TYPO3: This was discussed on
> the core team meeting, too, and I think we agreed that we won't do that
> as it takes the decision for a JS library away from the user (especially
> if there might be incompatibilities with what he wants to use for his
> scripts. This will then get annoying instead of being helpful.) A
> possibility would be to preconfigure the introduction package with a
> lightbox as you'll get a complete frontend there, but I would not do
> that for the dummy package.

Exactly! During the core meeting we though exactly about the experience
of the "intro package" when talking about this feature.

Susanne, what do you think about a patch to the Intro-Package,
integrating a lightbox JS? Maybe we could have that enabled already for
alpha2?

I opened up this issue in the intro package forge tracker:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9699

Cheers,
Ernesto