[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #8260: Update Wizard in install tool force temp-configuration files and load configuration twice

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun Sep 12 18:17:52 CEST 2010

Hi Olly,

thanks for digging into this. It annoyed me for quite a while, but
didn't look into the details until now.

On 03.09.10 15:56, Oliver Hader wrote:

> Solution:
> Whenever the install tool is used, the ext_localconf.php and
> ext_tables.php files must not be taken from the cached files - this is
> done by listening for the constant "TYPO3_enterInstallScript".
> Besides that the cached files still must be removed when using the
> update wizard since it could happen that new extensions will be
> installed and caches need to be cleared.

Good solution. +1 by reading and testing on trunk.

> Notes:
> You can test the behaviour the attached extension that includes a PHP
> class file in ext_localconf.php. Add the following to your localconf.php
> file (or set it by using the install tool):
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extCache'] = 0;

The setting of that does not change anything on my side. I can reproduce
it with arbitrary settings.

Only one suggestion for trunk. Please introduce class constants for the
different extensionCache settings like suggested in the attached patch
(however I'm not so satisfied with the naming).

Regards Helmut