[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15626: Feature: Add stdWrap to config.additionalHeaders

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 6 20:13:53 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 06.09.2010 12:55:

> Rik Willems wrote:
>> Problem:
>> The config.additionalHeaders is of type string. This is inflexible and
>> can use improvement.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Add stdWrap to config.additionalHeaders
>
> As I wrote in the older thread:
> ------------
> Entries in "config" are plain historically. This is made for a reason:
> 'config' sometimes is used without the rest of TS. So cObj may not have all
> data necessary to do its work. I did not look to the patch but I think it
> is better to keep config like it is now. If you need something special, you
> can always make a userFunc. For "Location" header you can use <meta> tag
> with "page.headerData".
> ------------

I am also not sure if that is right. "config." is still a very valid and
not only historical entry point for "global configuration" regarding the
generation of a page. With "page.config" you can overwrite certain
behaviours on a typeNum scope.

The main issue with using stdWrap on these properties, is that there
isn't necessarily access to a valid cObj when certain properties are
being read, so usually you don't even have access to TypoScript. Some of
the setting even affect how "stdWrap" behaves (e.g. "locale_all").

So it is right that the config.* top level array (and its page.config.*
brothers) are a place where "miscelaneous" settings are made, but we can
still have stdWrap in certain situations, and this is one of it. In this
case, additionalHeaders give out HTTP-headers, which you cannot do with
"page.headerData" level (you can only "emulate" them).

Cheers,
Ernesto