[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #8260: Update Wizard in install tool force temp-configuration files and load configuration twice

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sat Sep 4 05:43:37 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your review!

Am 03.09.10 23:39, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi olly,
>
> nice you catched this one. Sure, a class shouldn't be in configuration
> files, double read is unnecessary, and clearing cache is needed for update.
>
> +1 by reading and testing, though some tiny remarks
>
> getExtensionCacheBehaviour - this is a bit unlucky as the wording
> doesn't describe what you expect. I would suggest sonething like
> "useExtensionCache"

The setting is called "extCache" in the install tool - to be consistent
it would be "getExtCacheSetting". I called it "behaviour" since the
value is not just returned in the sense of regular getters/setters but
modified if the install tool is currently used. If we come up with a
better name we can used it of course - however, I'm sure that
"useExtensionCache" is not better since it delivers at least three
values (0, 1, 2)...

> if (!$usePlainValue && defined('TYPO3_enterInstallScript') &&
> TYPO3_enterInstallScript) {
>
> There is only one value possible (1), so check for defined is sufficient.

Well, it does not hurt and is correct to check for existance and the
accordant value - it's like (isset($array['key'] && $array['key']) even
if the array index might only be there when the value is TRUE...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader