[TYPO3-core] RFC #0013938: Backend session is locked to useragent

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Fri Sep 3 00:26:17 CEST 2010

Hi!

Markus Klein schrieb am 09/02/2010 11:35 PM Uhr:
> Ok you're right!
> Nevertheless I suggest to introduce this additional option for BE, so one
> can decide wether to change this only for FE or also for BE.
> Therefore i moved this configuration into class beUserAuth.
>
> So please have a look at patch v4.

Much better. However, there's a further possibility:
I searched for an option that allows separate configuration for FE an
BE. Such option is *lockIP*.

For BE *the one and only place* where *lockIP* is set based on the
configuration is after the instanciation of "t3lib_beUserAuth" in
typo3/init.php around line 425.

I'd let core devs decide what they believe is appropriate.

Marcus.