[TYPO3-core] RFC #15611: Feature: Translations of CEs are immediately visible in FE

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 2 21:17:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 2-9-2010 15:36, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>>  From your comments I would almost
>> - activate hideAtCopy for tt_content
>> - activate 'show hidden content elements' option by default.
>
> Yes, exactly! Since I usually have the second option on, I forgot it is off
> by default. Good note!

I totally agree. I tried to be too careful not changing current behaviour.

Attached version 2 which:
- sets hideAtCopy to true for tt_content
- shows hidden content elements in page module in live workspace by
default if the option was not set by the editor

How to test:

Content elements which are copy-pasted or copied to a new translation
are set to hidden with the patch applied.

For the second part it may be necessary to edit the uc field in the
be_users table and remove the tt_content_showHidden setting. Or create a
new BE user and don't touch the "show hidden content elements" option yet.
Without any tt_content_showHidden setting in the uc field the hidden
content must be visible in the page module. If you turn the option off
it will be invisible again in the BE.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert