[TYPO3-core] RFC #16177: Add DB structure update pre-processing hook in EM

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 31 16:44:30 CET 2010

Hi,

> I attached a screenshot as result of the hook implementation. This
> screen is shown right _before_ the change in database structure are
> proposed to the user. This lets him/her adjust DBAL mapping in
> localconf.php from within TYPO3.
>
> This is already working code in DBAL (not yet committed) but I'd like to
> have this in before I code it further (change in localconf.php and
> suggestions for the remapped name) if for any reason this cannot be done
> like that.

Please find enclosed v3 which takes care of hiding any "import static
data" that should not be shown while the hook provides another form.

I now have a working patch for DBAL [1] which detects invalid
table/field names, have a method to suggest a better naming (should
still be enhanced), shows the form to the user and updates localconf.php
with the mapping. Once the hook detects that all seems good (no more
problem with table/field names), it lets EM works as usual, that is show
tables to be created.

Cheers
Xavier

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15755