[TYPO3-core] RFC #16173: Refactor FLUIDTEMPLATE cObject to use the new Fluid standalone view

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Oct 29 18:15:07 CEST 2010

Hey,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk

Type: code cleanup

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16173

Problem: Since r9160 (#16008) it's possible to use the FLUIDTEMPLATE
TypoScript cObject. But the current implementation calls some non-API
functions of Fluid and Extbase.

Solution: This patch removes this strong dependency by using the new
Fluid standalone view which encapsulates most of the complexity.

Notes: After applying the patch FLUIDTEMPLATE still depends on Extbase.
But all the Extbase logic is moved to Fluid, so it will be possible to
unwire this without having to touch tslib_content again.

The changes this patch incorporates are mostly backwards compatible but
there are some minor side-effects:
- The initialization of the Extbase autoloader did not work as expected.
This is fixed in Tx_Fluid_View_StandaloneView
- After discussion with Sebastian and Benni, we decided that it does not
make sense to set requestPluginName, requestControllerExtensionName,
requestControllerName and requestControllerActionName to some
(non-exisiting) default values
- There's a new setting "format" which defaults to "html" and allows you
to easily create standalone views for other formats like xml
- I removed an unneeded TEMPLATE function which was unintentionally
committed with #15094

All the best and have a happy weekend
Bastian