[TYPO3-core] RFC #4272: Inconsistent return values of ini_get() produce false positives for safe_mode detection

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Wed Oct 27 21:26:08 CEST 2010

On 27.10.10 00:18, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> On 10/24/2010 04:57 PM, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> +1 by reading and testing.
>
> I once played with almost all possible ini_get() results for my initial
> patch to make sure it was working, but I don't have this environment at
> hand anymore to fully re-test the current version.
>
> Helmut, did you take a look at all "sane" ini_get(safe_mode) results
> with the current filter_var() code?

Yes I did test the filter_var code with all possible return values of
ini_get and it always returned the expected result.

I did not test all things where the new class is used, because if the
return value is right, then the replacement will be fine.

Nevertheless your question reminds me that writing unit test is a good
idea, I think for this new class it would also be usefull (have no time
to wirte them right now though).

Regards Helmut