[TYPO3-core] RFC #15489: remove code warnings about XCLASS and naming annoyances

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Tue Oct 26 15:19:37 CEST 2010

Hello

Le 26/10/2010 09:31, Dmitry Dulepov a écrit :
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> I already suggested to put the checks in extdeveval, which is "A backend
>> development module that offers tools to help developers evaluate, clean,
>> optimize and document their PHP scripts developed for TYPO3" (as Kasper
>> described it).
>> Exactly the right place IMO.
>
> It is out of date and not really maintained. The better solution would be
> to have a "developer's version of TYPO3", which will include tools for devs
> to validate their code. Until we have that, I do not really see other
> "under hand" alternative than "EM".
>
> May be we can make an option for EM named "Show developer's warnings"? That
> would suit everybody I think.

Why is the extension extDevEval not developed any more? I think you
should give more persons a possibility to contribute. Then you could
have the patches for the open issues added and a new version of it ready
for TER.
I have already offered to write a patch for the code warnings for
extDevEval. But nobody has still answered to me how I should do that. I
hope that you also agree that we could later remove these warnings from
the EM.

> People often say that many extensions in TER is rubbish. Even popular
> extensions are terribly coded. Personally I hope that having those reds in
> EM will force devs some day to improve their code. Yes, I know, I am over
> optimistic... ;)

But in some cases the XCLASS entries would not make any sense. Couldn't
you follow the arguments above?

- Franz