[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16122: Improve tooltip behaviour

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun Oct 24 23:35:38 CEST 2010

On 24.10.10 22:10, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> * delay for show
> * anchor (bubble style)
> * respect end of container
> * stay while mouse is over target
> * stop showing when mouse leaves the target

I like it.

+1 by testing, +0.5 by reading (I can't say too much to the js code)

I only wondered about:

hideDelay: 1500, // hide after 1.5 seconds

because the tooltip is immediatly hidden when the mouse leaves the label
(which is good).

> I removed the mouseenter into the tooltip, click event is on complete
> label, so this is not needed.

I personally like this solution and I also do not miss the option to
turn the help off. The latter is not in the scope of this RFC anyway.

Regards Helmut