[TYPO3-core] RFC #4272: Inconsistent return values of ini_get() produce false positives for safe_mode detection

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Sun Oct 24 19:43:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 24-10-2010 116:57 Helmut Hummel wrote:

> +1 by reading and testing.
>
> Some comments though:
>
> In tx_rtehtmlarea_spellchecker there's also a check for safe_mode done
> with ini_get(). This should also been taken care of.

This is fixed in the attached patch.

> Additionally some contrib packages (adodb and swiftmailer) contain
> safe_mode checks. How deal with these?

I'm note sure what the policy is on these kind of issues. One the one hand
you would like to use this function, but on the other hand, you don't want
to touch 3rd party code.
As for the adodb, according to the doc/ directory there should be done some
patches by Karsten, but it looks like they are reverted in the meantime,
probably by updating of the code.

Peter