[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16116: Configuration module is hard to find the array key because it's not sorted

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Oct 24 16:34:51 CEST 2010

> Type: Bugfix / Feature
>
> BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16116
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> When you explore array in configuration module it's hard to find the
> array key you are looking for because display order is the init order.
>
> Solution:
> sort the arrays recursive.
> I introduced a new array function in t3lib_div called ksortRecursive, as
> this might be useful in many other places.

Hi Steffen,

+1 by reading and testing

I've attached a version 2, which improves the PHPDoc and allows to
pass-thru the second parameter $sort_order to ksort().

Unfortunately PHP has no native sort function, which sorts in the IMHO
more "human" order, but always puts all uppercase words first, then all
lowercase words.

Kind regards
Steffen

--