[TYPO3-core] RFC #0016111: Feature - Change the layout of thumbnails and allowed file types so that they don't waste so much space anymore

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat Oct 23 17:23:37 CEST 2010

On 23.10.2010 00:33, JoH asenau wrote:
>> Attached patch changes the layout for image fields of the type "group
>> => files" only, while leaving the original layout as is for the other
>> group fields including the "mixed filetypes" variant of "files".
>> Instead of rendering the image + an image icon + the image file name
>> in a long row, it reduces the layout to show just thumbnails set to
>> inline-block while hiding the icons and the file name. Additionally
>> this patch will change the layout of the allowed filetypes by
>> removing nowrap and reducing the font size.
>
> After discussing the styling of the thumbnails with Susanne Moog, this is
> version 2 of the patch, that makes them look more like professional slides
> put on a lightbox.

+1 for the look of the single thumbnail itself now, but still ... I
don't really like the positioning. Find attached a screenshot
(withv2.png) of what I mean, if you have lots of images, it looks really
strange.

I tried to come up with another solution (v3), but there is a problem
with that version, too, as you can see on the after3.png - too much
space between caption and the thumbnail selector. I tried to correct it
using max-width but that won't work in our most beloved browser.

Anybody got a better idea?

Thx,

Susanne