[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15557: List module does not support language overlay tables

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Fri Oct 22 17:23:24 CEST 2010

Hello Masi

Le 22/10/2010 09:47, Martin Kutschker a écrit :

> For those who want to test/review the patch mind that also TCEmain is affected by this patch. As far
> as I understand the changes remove the hardcoded check for "pages" (Core's only table with external
> translation) with the proper TCA settings (which already existed).
>
> Masi

yes, the records of the pages table are also be added to easy
translating like all other tables. And you can list the records of the
translated pages_language_overlay table. This makes it e.g possible to
have one person who translates from French into German and where English
is the default language of the site. It is not any more necessary to
start the translation of a page from the default language English. I
mean that the list module has the feature where the record from the
starting table pages is already filled into the form to save the record
into the table pages_language_overlay.

And there are already other tables which use the language_overlay:
fe_groups_language_overlay

- Franz