[TYPO3-core] RFC #15489: remove code warnings about XCLASS and naming annoyances

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 22 08:31:26 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 22.10.2010 01:36:
> Hi,
>
> François Suter schrieb:
>>
>> And maybe we could allow for a special comment at the end of a file
>> that would indicate that XCLASSes were explicitly left out in a given
>> class.
>>

> that is no problem. Attached patch excludes XCLASS warning if the
> following pattern is inside the class file:
> //NO XCLASS
>
> I suggest to put it at the end of the file.

That's not good, as if you ship 3rd party modules, you don't really want
to touch the original files.

I don't like these checks in the EM too, and I cannot understand why
many "old school" developers are so sensible about it. But probably this
will always end up in a debate in the style "PC vs Mac". :)

I don't see that the EM is the right tool for that information, at least
not in the table "information about the extension". Else we would end up
having to include all CGL checking there. I see the "CI" server or the
extdeveval the most appropriate place to do it.

If this is so important in the EM, we should at least have it separated
in a "developer information" tab. But it is confusing for a newby and a
regular admin to see these kind of warnings when installing an
extension. There are tons of reasons already presented here why not all
classes can have an XCLASS, so why annoy our fellow first time users
with it?

Cheers,
Ernesto