[TYPO3-core] RFC #15489: remove code warnings about XCLASS and naming annoyances

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 21 23:03:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

> one problem might be if you use singletons or static classes, then
> xclass makes no sense and em complains wrongly. May be we find something
>   that em respects while check, but all in all i'm -1 for remove (even
> veto)

Well, that's the issue. There are cases where it makes no sense to have
XCLASSes and I don't want to be pestered by a warning in such a case. A
good example is services: services are made to be overridden. In such a
case I would go so far as saying that XCLASS are actually *bad* because
they bypass the priority/quality feature. There are probably other
patterns where XCLASSes are not desirable.

Actually I never look at this information and I certainly don't use it
to judge the quality of an extension. There are far more important
things that an extension can do wrong than a missing or broken XCLASS
statement.

I would shift this task to ci.typo3.org, which seems much more promising
to me in terms of validating extension quality.

And maybe we could allow for a special comment at the end of a file that
would indicate that XCLASSes were explicitly left out in a given class.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter