[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16059: Use ExtJS Tooltips for CSH labels

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 20 00:28:53 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> thanks for the patch.
>
> For the moment, I'm +1 by reading and testing to make it usable, but
> this really has to be improved before beta1.
>
> I don't know, if you talked to Jens, but IIRC we discussed 100-200ms
> showsDelay when we were sitting together in Frankfurt. Also dismissDelay
> is way to high and, of course (and you probably know), the tooltip
> mustn't disappear, while the pointer is over the label or the CSH box.
> Also the parameter for the login page is a no-go for the long run.
>
> I would also call it "TYPO3 help" instead of "TYPO3 inline help"
> (personal taste?).

yes, i agree on your points. That was the possible work in one day.
I'm also not pleasured as the tooltip starts with the dismissDelay after
show and not after leaving target. Also i couldn't use the "bubble"
style as it only works inside of anchor layout, we have to to that
manually. 3rd it doesn't respect end of document, it just displays
outside the area, even if invisible.

i fear we have to write an own tooltip class to achieve what we want.

I did no further css styling for now, maybe you find some approach,
let's talk about on next meeting.

vg Steffen