[TYPO3-core] RFC #16046: Improve ExtJS skin: Loading mask

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 18 21:11:54 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

nice improvement! Is this somehow coming from the design team or
discussion during the Code Sprint?

It is probably a matter of taste, so I let the design team decide that,
but here's my opinion:

I don't like any "mask", because in my eyes it makes the backend
"flicker" too much when clicking around. If you just click through your
page tree the docheader is always blinking brightly. It gives a wrong
impression of slowness (has been noted before, see RFC #15811)

This CSS makes "more or less" how I would like it:

.t3-mask-loading .ext-el-mask {
        opacity: 0;
}

No flickering on the whole content, just a "discreet" loading indicator
in the middle.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto