[TYPO3-core] RFC #15998: Create a new API based on SwiftMailer to replace t3lib_htmlmail

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Oct 17 11:00:33 CEST 2010

Am 16.10.2010 21:46, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:

> This is also meant to replace all direct calls to "mail()" and also "t3lib_utility_Mail" in future,
> because of its flexibilty in sending mails.

I would split the composition of mails and the sending of mails. Both tasks are related, but
distinct. IMHO it makes sense to have a MIME composition class that let's you create a message,
which - tata - is then passed to a news gateway. The point is that the "mail" class has no send()
method, because it should not be concerned with sending of mails.

Masi