[TYPO3-core] RFC #15928: Replace the current if-construct of stdWrap with real functions and make each of them stdWrap aware

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Oct 16 16:44:58 CEST 2010

>> Your patch includes an array giving the execution order. Just a quick
>> question: does that match the order in the TSref or is some update to the
>> documentation necessary too? If yes, please add the necessary changes to
>> the pending documentation page.
>
> The order should be exactly the same as before, else it wouldn't be
> backwards compatible.

Exactly - this is the major reason why we needed to implement this array.
It makes sure that the order in which the stdWrap functions are executed
stays the same.

Of course it opens up some nice possibilities to modify this behaviour in
the stdWrapPreProcess hook just by reordering the array.
And you can easily add and/or remove functions with this array, since only
those functions that are available in both the $conf and the sorting array
will be executed.

But the default behaviour will stay exactly as is.

Cheers

Joey