[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Oct 15 22:35:33 CEST 2010

Hey,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk

Type: feature

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16008

Problem: You cannot use FLUID out from TypoScript
This is a result of some enthusiastic guys (Steffen Ritter and me) from
the code sprint. Something we wanted for a long time, and this is our
first version: a new Typoscript Object Type called "FLUIDTEMPLATE".
Guess what it does: Yes, it can be used as a replacement for TEMPLATE,
with (almost) all the glitter that Fluid has to offer.

The fluid template syntax will look like this:

page = PAGE
page.10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
page.10 {

    # the FLUID template, has stdWrap functionality
    file = fileadmin/mytemplates/mytemplate.html

    # setting a specific partials path, usually it's layouts/ underneath
the template file
    partialRootPath = fileadmin/partials/

    # setting a specific layout path, usually it's layouts/ underneath
the template file
    layoutRootPath = fileadmin/layouts/

    # setting variables that should be available in
    # the fluid template
    variables {
        mytitle = TEXT
        mytitle.data = page:title