[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15576: Enable customization for the backend and frontend fatal error messages

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Oct 15 16:09:55 CEST 2010

Hey all,

here we go. Attached is my approach with dealing with the whole thing:

* Instead of the various printError functions, we make use of the
RuntimeException(), which in turn calls our production error handler.
The production error handler then calls a new class, our
t3lib_message_errorpagemessage, which outputs a message on a simple
templated error page.

* There are two patches, one that moves the functionality in the new
class, and one that replaces all the calls with RuntimeExceptions.

* The next steps, styling the template with the new skin (Steffen Gebert
is on that), and the possibility to use another template should go in a
separate RFC.

Let me know if you like it.

All the best,
Benni.