[TYPO3-core] RFC #12661: Problem with german "Umlaute" in BE file list, no thumbs generated

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 15 09:55:48 CEST 2010

On 22-3-2010 20:31, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Well,.... let's move on :-)

At the Code Sprint we've discussed this problem and generally the
problems with locales and system functions. Because the desired locale
for BE or FE output may be completely different and setting locales will
influence a series of PHP functions it would be better to have a setting
for the system locale and to use it carefully in situations where we
need it.

Attached version 2.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,