[TYPO3-core] RFC #15989: Create a new abstract class t3lib_message_abstractmessage

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Oct 14 16:59:34 CEST 2010

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: enhancement

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15989

branch: trunk only

As we need a clean way to create messages (e.g. for error messages) that
are not related to t3lib_flashmessage, I created a small class called
t3lib_message_abstractmessage, which includes the basic set of features
for messages, and t3lib_flashmessages is then just a small subclass of it.

Once this is in (everything should still work as before), I can create
an additional message class (t3lib_message_errormessage) which will be
used when displaying common TYPO3 error messages.

All the best,
Benni.