[TYPO3-core] RFC #: 0015807: Bug: No thumbnails generated with thumbs.php

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Oct 11 11:32:17 CEST 2010

Susanne Moog schrieb am 10.10.2010 20:19:

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bug
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15807
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Since Bug #15699 the thumbnail rendering via thumbs.php is broken, as a
> tslib class is required via autoloader while PATH_tslib is not defined
> resulting in:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'tslib_mediaWizardManager' not found (resulting in no
> thumbnails in the filelist)
>
> Solution:
> Set PATH_tslib in thumbs.php (like it is already done for t3lib).

Thanks for finding that! I had already tried to find the reason why the
thumbs.php are broken.

> Notes / How to test:
> To reproduce go to the filelist module, enable thumbnails, copy the
> image url of one of the broken thumbs and call it directly in the
> browser so you'll see the error.
>
> Apply the patch.
>
> Works.

I think the patch works but it only hides the main problem: That we
require a FE class in the BE. So instead of "adding the FE to
thumbs.php", I prefer to make sure the FE classes are only loaded in the
FE. Else we will end up having other places where this gets into conflic.

So I propose the attached patch, which also fixes the problem in
thumbs.php. Please test.

Cheers,
Ernesto