[TYPO3-core] FYI #15950: use t3editor in file_edit to edit files in fileadmin

Tobias Liebig mail_typo3 at etobi.de
Sun Oct 10 22:56:00 CEST 2010

Am 10.10.2010 um 22:34 schrieb Steffen Kamper:

> Two questions regarding codemirror
> 1) is this the latest version?

currently not.
I've a not-yet-finished patch, which will update the codemirror lib to the latest 0.9.
I think i can finish that patch tomorrow and post it as a separate RFC.

> 2) Shouldn't we move codemirror to typo3/contrib and maintain there, so we can use it in ExtJS as well? It's very dirty to include something from extension, especially extension isn't installed.

Till now only the t3editor uses the codemirror. The t3editor is like a wrapper for codemirror to use it in the BE. This is why the codemirror is placed within the sysext/t3editor.
It was not intended to use the codemirror directly.
Even so, it make sense to place it in the contrib folder, especially if you want to use it e.g. from ExtJS.
I'll try to adress this with the above mendioned patch tomorrow.

I hope we do not need to patch the codemirror 0.9 anymore. I needed to modify some javascript functions in earlier versions of the codemirror. I'll check that.

regards
  tobias