[TYPO3-core] RFC #5186: Bug: fixed rendering of multi-column image rows

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sat Oct 9 18:58:50 CEST 2010

On 06.10.2010 10:42, Michael Bürgi wrote:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5186
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-3 & TYPO3_4-4 & trunk
>
> Problem:
> The rendering of image content elements that arrange images in multiple
> columns is partly broken. Rounding errors in width calculation
> accumulate, so that the total width of the rendered image element
> exceeds the total width set by typoscript.
>
> Solution:
> My solution does distribute the rounding errors evenly across the whole
> image row. Accumulated row widths match the total width constraint
> (maxW) exactly. It works with and without equalHeight.
>
> Notes:
> I've attached two screenshots demonstrating the rendering of several
> image elements before and after applying the patch. Image elements are
> put into different content columns. They should align exactly to the
> column widths. On the right side, all images should be aligned to the
> right end of the golden top navigation bar. Only the patched version can
> achieve that.

In general +1 by reading and testing (and thanks a lot for the patch,
this image calculations are getting pretty complicated!)

Some remarks:
- I don't like the use of early returns in getImgColumnRelations()
- some CGL spaces where missing
- I thought logging wrong usage of colRelations to devLog could be
useful as it's probably not that clear how to use that feature.

And I would very much like to see Ernestos +1 on this bugfix.

Susanne