[TYPO3-core] RFC #15937: Bug: [Caching framework] Improve error message if no frontend was defined for core caches

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Oct 9 00:01:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ernesto is right that an author of an extension preconfig his cache in
best matter.
I don't understand why preconfig from core tables was removed. It's very
easy to configure it wrong and then the site dosn't work anymore.
The most usecase is eg configure memcache for some cache data to improve
performance, this is done by configure the backend, i don't know why we
have to repeat the same frontend config all the time.

Sure, cache_config should be done by expert persons, but i like to
change only the needed part and don't make a complete own configuration.

What's wrong if user only enable caching framework, and the cache is
used by a senseful preconfiguration?

vg Steffen